Saturday, February 13, 2010

Social Disorder

Again a request. Here are the Social Disorder 'Media Lies' 7" and 'Goin' The Distance' CD. Great 'crossover' hardcore in the vein of Dmize, Leeway ('Desperate Measures' album) and such. I first came across this band on the first 'East Coast Assault' compilation. After doing a bunch of demo's, the 'Media Lies' 7" was released on Bodonksi Records out of Germany in 1990. Good stuff for sure, especially the title track. It sounds like a band that comes from a hardcore background and is trying to add a harder, more crossover type style to their sound, but isn't quite there yet. Solid 7" overall tho, especially side B is great. 'Media Lies' and 'Violent Times' would be re-recorded for their full-length.

In 1992, the infamous German Lost & Found Records released the 'Goin' The Distance' full-length. I have no idea whether this was an official release or not, it appears it is. Either way, I got this on CD pretty quickly after I discovered this band on the aforementioned 'East Coast Assault' compilation, it took me a bit longer to get my hands on a copy of the 'Media Lies' 7". Good stuff, and I've always liked this style of vocals quite a bit. Also, great lyrics which display a critical attitude towards mainstream media, society and human behavior but also more personal issues such as depression and the loss of a loved one. And musically it just rages, great riffs and I don't mind the solo's on this album, solid musicians. It's also a bit slower than the 7", and overall is a great crossover NYHC album.

For more info on the band, check their myspace and this wikipedia page. I don't have any of their demo's unfortunately, leave a comment or something if you do, would love to hear them! This band ruled hard, so if you don't know them already and are into crossover metallic NYHC, do check this out.

Social Disorder - Media Lies 7"
Social Disorder - Goin' The Distance CD
Social Disorder myspace

10 comments:

xvJGv said...

Wow, now you're making my day ! I remember being impressed by their track on the Lost & Found double CD compilation "golden shower..." that I bought in Köln during a school trip... Love the vocals.
Thanks a lot for this one !

Anonymous said...

you're god.

alex italy

Captain Hook said...

Another awesome post thanks. CHeck out my blogspot I just started
http://captainsblogs718.blogspot.com/

AVERSIONLINE said...

Killer. Been looking for that 7" for a long time. "Goin' the Distance" is cool, but man, the recording really bugs me. What an incredible record it would be if it had the production values of "Desperate Measures"!

Fred said...

I love the Goin' The Distance cd, I've been trying to get my hands of a physical copy for a while now.

That's cool that you ripped it because now I can get the inserts :).

Thanks for ripping the 7" too.

mauriceetjeannine said...

thanx a lot!

Honquijote said...

Thanks for the post...

Anonymous said...

Hello! Please reup these releases.

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

phayes said...

Can you please reup this. THanks!!!!!!!