Tuesday, December 6, 2016

New Blood: Revolve (Glasgow, UK)

I will be out of the country for most of December, but I don't want to drop the ball on OnexPath. So I have scheduled a few posts on a couple of new(er) bands that have caught my ear this year. December will be New Blood month! First up...


Anybody who's been following the previous New Blood posts knows I love the current wave of UKHC bands. Here's another UK band that really impressed me this year, Revolve from Glasgow... They released their first demo called 'Death Spares No One' in late 2015, and it offers a perfect blend of modern metallic hardcore, with a dash of 90s hardcore and a big splash of early 00s metalcore... At times I'm reminded of bands from the old Tribunal Records roster, like a more straight-forward Nientara. Really good shit, that had me scrambling to get my hands on a copy of their demo and a t-shirt, hah... Yes, I'm well into my 40s and I still wear nothing but hardcore t-shirts. Anyways, Revolve bring the mosh with some creative riffing (without veering into overly technical masturbation territories), just check out 'Second Side' from their 2015 demo. That track is pure OnexPath perfection, awesome riffs, tempo changes and totally worthy of some dancefloor justice. The band released a new track, 'Withered', this past summer and it simply shreds. Hopefully this band sticks around and gets the chance to do a proper record. Check em out...

No comments: