Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall From Grace demo and split 7" with Polyglot

Fall From Grace was a short-lived metallic hardcore band from PA MA. I don't know too much about 'em and unfortunately there's not a lot of info on 'em to be found online either. I got their 1996 split 7" with Polyglot (from Maine) years ago because of the label, Pin Drop Records, which released a number of records I was, and still am, into (Grimlock, Holdstrong, Die My Will). Polyglot didn't really do it for me, but Fall From Grace sure did. Their metallic hardcore with the crazy, screamed vocals and 'poetic' lyrics did it for me. I was really into it. So much so that I wrote them a letter, and received their 1997 demo, which is pretty damn good as well.After the split 7" and 1997 demo they changed their name to August Autumn Grows Cold, but I've never seen a demo or release with that name. I am also unaware what bands the members did after FFG/AGC. If anybody has any info or something on Fall From Grace and/or August Autumn Grows Cold, please get in touch!

I've uploaded both the split 7" and the 1997 demo, hopefully they will bring a bit more attention to a band that, in my opinion, didn't get the recognition they deserved.

BTW, this post has been briefly and prematurely published while I was still drafting it, it ended under the March 2009 posts (yes, I have a few dozen drafts for possible future posts). I'm sorry if you happened to stumble upon it and couldn't download anything. It was supposed to remain a draft!

Fall From Grace / Polyglot split 7"
Fall From Grace 1997 demo
Fall From Grace myspace

20 comments:

Fred said...

I've seen the split 7'' in used bins many times but never really paid attention before, I'm gonna check this band out now.

Anonymous said...

i was in the band. thank you for the flattering review! feel free to ask me any questions about FFG/Autumn Grow Cold.

Anonymous said...

Check out former members of Fall From Grace's new band Satellites Fall...

http://www.facebook.com/SatellitesFall

Anonymous said...

I was in FFG and I am currently in a new project called Lovesick murder with 4 of the original members. if you get a chance check it out there are some videos on youtube and a facebook page.

Anonymous said...

Any chance of getting a reup of the Polyglot & FFG Split? I've got it on 7" just been trying to get in on .mp3 so I can actually hear it. Thanks!

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped.

We Who Are Not As Others said...

hey, i was wondering if you could re up the polyglot fall from grace 7 inch. i used to have the ep but lost it years ago. if you can that would be awesome.

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped.

We Who Are Not As Others said...

thanks. :)

swinging man said...

Any chance to re-up split 7" and demo?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped.

swinging man said...

HUGE THANKS!

Anonymous said...

it say's the demo and split 7" don't exist on the server when you click on the links

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped.

Anonymous said...

Any chance to re up

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Anonymous said...

Please reupload.

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Brody AB da OG said...

could you reupload the demo?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!