Sunday, November 8, 2020

New finds: End Game, Fists Of Fury, Lower Heaven, Incentive, Link By Link, xUntold Sufferingx

While I am an avid record collector and prefer physical formats over digital, I do visit Bandcamp (fuck Spotify) all the time to check out bands... As far as digital platforms go, it is the only one as far as I'm concerned, also (and probably most importantly) in terms of how much they give back to the bands. So... I am thinking of doing semi-regular posts of new releases on Bandcamp that caught my attention. Some of these releases also have physical counterparts, but I might stick to digital-only for this section from here on. We shall see how it goes!

Let me know in the comments what you think, and if you're in a band, definitely shoot me an email if you'd like me to check out your band.

End Game - Demo 2020
Hard-hitting straight-forward metallic hardcore from Canada with plenty of mosh parts... Would love to see them live in 2021!

Fists Of Fury - New Age Of Dread
Came across this bands 2019 demo some time ago, which offered solid crossover thrash/hardcore with gruff vocals that give them an edge... Their new full-length continues in the same vein, and will have you headbanging in no time.

Lower Heaven - Lower Heaven
Euro-inspired metalcore from Kansas City, Missouri. Seriously, this band could have been from Belgium or Italy in the late 90s. Good shit!

Incentive - Forged Through Passion
It should come as no surprise that anything that takes cues from 90s hardcore should interest me... Crushing intense straight edge hardcore from Arizona that makes me want to X up... They manage to mix more modern thrash-y influences with typical 90s half-spoken vocals to create something that's both traditional sounding but also stands out from the pack.

Link By Link - Absolution
More 90s inspired straight edge hardcore, but this time from Texas. They keep things fairly old-school 90s sounding, think Strife and Outspoken, and I absolutely love it. They need to add more gang vocals tho, seriously!

XUntold SufferingX - Demo
Vegan straight edgemetal from the UK. You should know what to expect, and this band delivers the goods!

3 comments:

marketer said...

Hey,
I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.

jessica lang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.