Thursday, April 2, 2015

New blood: Mind Awake

I haven't kept up too much with the French scene the past few years, even tho I've written about a bunch of 90s French bands in the past. There are great bands like xDIGx and Overmars, they just don't pop up on my radar as much as bands the UK or the US for instance. So it's cool that Mind Awake from Paris contacted me. They just released their first demo on Paris-based PPB Records. Combining fast hardcore with groovy and heavy mosh breaks, it's a sound I can totally dig. There's a slight old school/youth crew feel but then they turn up the heaviness and bring the mosh. The lyrics are pretty varied and deal with lost friendships/relationships but also elitism in the scene. But I have to ask, where are the signalongs?! Their sound screams for singalongs... But I'm fine without them too, the band is definitely on the right track, and I can't wait to hear to hear more from them. They are also eager to play all over Europe, I will definitely make an effort to check em out if they play anywhere near me.

No comments: