Sunday, June 17, 2018

Relentless - '98 demo

Here's another demo I picked up at Alain OFB's distro back in the day... Relentless was a hardcore band from Massapequa, Long Island, NY in the mid to late 90s. The band had a heavy and groovy metallic hardcore sound with hiphop-esque vocals, and they pulled it off pretty well. A band like Standing8Count comes to mind at times. Before this demo the band did a split 7" with Denied, and they also appeared on a compilation with my old band which I blogged about here. The latter has their song 'Bloodline' on it, which is the opening track of this demo. I'm guessing the band did some more demo's, but I've never come across any unfortunately. Information the band is also pretty scarce, so if anybody has more info, please leave a comment... In any case, enjoy!

Relentless - '98 demo

14 comments:

Cody said...

They actually have one more demo they released in '97 I believe. I will send it to you when I get a chance. Awesome band for sure, with one of the most unique voices I've ever heard.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this! Been a long time since I heard it, amazingly it holds up really well after all these years.
I have a tape in storage somewhere with everything they recorded. I think Cody is right, there are two demos and the split with Denied.
Any chance of getting the Relentless/Denied split up on here?

Anonymous said...

Any chance for the ARMBAR demo up here? Old Lousville (hope i spelled it right, dammit) hardcore with the Ink & Dagger guitarist. Kinda like Denied! cheers!
Alex

Anonymous said...

Hey @Alex! used to see ARMBAR all the time, the demo was on myspace if i remember correctly! used to have it as well and i sadly lost it long ago. Another band from Louisville that i'd like to see up here is Pflanz they were great also but i never grabbed anything and i regret it alot. You can find a song "Take These Words" on YouTube… underrated as fuck.
xBenx

XhcnoirX said...

I don't have any Armbar or Pflanz material, unfortunately... Sorry!

alfredovpangue said...

hello, link was deleted. please fix it.

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

alfredovpangue said...

thank you!

macktalife said...

Yo, can we get a re-up on this please?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Anonymous said...

hi, please re-up it one more time. Do you have the split with Denied as well? Other than that I'm searching for the Together as none mcd too...

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped! I am currently unable to rip records, so that part of the blog is kinda on hold now :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you! How come?
In case you ever get the chance to rip records again can I send you some requests? I have a long list of albums I can't find anywhere and I think you might be the right person to ask...

XhcnoirX said...

Most of the hardware I use for ripping & scanning, as well as my CD's & demo-tapes, are currently in storage due to moving from the Netherlands to Belgium and now sharing an apartment. Haven't gotten around yet to moving it all here and setting it up etc... Lack of space & time.

But yeah, once I get up & running again, feel free to shoot me a list.