Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cloudburst - Love - Lies - Bleeding 7"

I used to, and still do, pick up random 7"s at shows or online based on their look or something else that triggers the 'I want to listen to this' itch. But as it happens, with some of these records I listen to em once or twice, and then sorta forget about them. I picked up this Cloudburst 7" at a show sometime in the early 00's. After a few listens it ended up among the 7"s starting with C, never to be played again. Until recently when a buddy of mine asked me about it. So I ripped it for him, and I realized how good this 7" is. I had completely forgotten what they sounded like, and what a shame that is, cuz it's great.

Cloudburst was a band from Bordeaux, France in the late 90s, playing a style that combined heavy metallic hardcore with more emo/screamo. They also did a split 10" with another French band, Acrimonie, which I don't have (yet, I will definitely have to get it now!). After they both folded, members from both bands formed a new, also short-lived, band called G-77, out of which the doommetal band Aguirre formed, who are still around.

Cloudburst - Love - Lies - Bleeding 7"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if you could re up this download that would be great thanks

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!