Monday, July 14, 2014

Overthrow - React CD

Here's another request, Overthrow's 'React' CD. Overthrow were a hardcore band from Long Island, they started in 1996 and continued till 1999 or 2000. In that time they did the 'No Authority' demo, a 7", several splits and this full-length CD. Released in 1999 on Triple Crown Records, this is a really solid piece of NYHC mixed with some melodic influences. One thing about having a large collection is that a lot of stuff just doesn't get played, ever. It's been at least 5 years, if not more, that I last listened to this album. And for some reason I remembered it not being all that great, maybe also because I love One 4 One and so I don't play Overthrow's side of their split 7" all that much. Anyways, an anonymous person requested this CD on that post, so I revisited it. Hearing it again, I don't know why I didn't bother with this for so long. It's simply great. Anyways, check em out.

Overthrow - React CD

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thankx!!! Excuse me for offtop do you have an opportunity to upload also Inhuman - Evolver and Rebellion albums and Mindset (pre-Sworn Enemy) - State Of Mind EP?!

Anonymous said...

Can I second that Mindset request?

Keep up the great work!

fatxpat said...

thx for reminding me about this great band. used to have a band with name take from they song - All One Blood :D

resistance72 said...

great cd all songs are good but dead last is the song that stands out .

Anonymous said...

Please re-up!! Thank you.

I have some good 90s stuff if you are looking for anything in particular I can email it you!!

Thanks!

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped.

Anonymous said...

Please re-up. Thanks

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Powerline said...

hi,

sorry to ask...
A re-up would be great!
thanks in advance

Powerline

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!