Thursday, July 5, 2012

Restrain - '96 demo

Some time ago I posted about Drowning from Paris, France on xStuck In The Pastx. One of the records they did was a split 7" with Restrain from Ozone Park, Queens, NY. Recently someone asked about Restrain and I ripped him Restrain's '96 demo. So why not share the wealth? So here's Restrain's '96 demo. As said, they were from Ozone Park, Queens, NY and I (still) have no clue if they did anything else besides this demo and the split 7" with Drowning, which was released on Back Ta Basics btw. Which would be a shame, cuz they were solid. Leave a comment if you have more info please! Apparently, the original requester told me, Restrain are gonna reunite for a couple of shows, so if yer in the neighborhood, go check em out! Enjoy!


Restrain - '96 demo

9 comments:

Fred said...

Good stuff, as far as I know Restrain was one of the first IDS band (Everybody Gets Hurt, Billy Club Sandwich, Irate, Sworn Enemy etc ...).

I think I read somewhere that some of the members eventually played in Sworn Enemy, or maybe it was in Mindset, a pre-SE band, I'm not too sure.

Also on the live video, the guy with the funy vocals yelling in the mic at the beginning is the singer of Relentless, I can recognize his funny "B-Realesque" signature.

XhcnoirX said...

Hey man, thanxxx for that info! Didn't know about that... I think I have a Relentless demo somewhere, so might post that soon, thanxxx for bringing them up!

mike said...

Great band, thanks for putting this up!

Larry.. said...

Restrain were the First I.D.S. band...

the members went on to form TOETAG101 then moved on from the scene..

but recently re-united for a show in brooklyn to honor our fallen brother lil greg hayward..

this might lead to more shows in the future time till tell..

Larry.. said...

restrain reunion...2012..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW48yLihAxQ

Big Larry I.D.S.

Anonymous said...

can you repost this,please?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

please please re-re up-up

doneckstrom said...

any chance of a reup?