Sunday, May 28, 2017

Dust To Dust - Burial Of Hope MCD

Not to be confused with the (nu-)metal band out of Brooklyn, NY that surfaced a few years later, this Dust To Dust was based out of the Selinsgrove/Williamsport area in Pennsylvania. I think they were a pretty short-lived band, aside from possible demos they did only this 'Burial Of Hope' MCD that I'm aware of. This awesome 6-song slice of late 90s metalcore was released on Undecided Records out of Florida in 1999. I don't know why this band didn't get the attention they deserved, but I seem to recall seeing this MCD a fair bit at the time at various distro's (altho with my shitty memory it was probably always the same distro, and nobody picked it up except me, hah). I'm glad I picked it up tho, this ticks all the right checkboxes. If anybody has any info on this band or the band members, please do share!

Dust To Dust - Burial Of Hope MCD

8 comments:

millwalldavey said...

This is in my general area, but I do t think I've ever heard of this crew at all! Thank you!

darkflux said...

how about a working link?

Anonymous said...

Please re-up

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Bry570 said...

My man!!! I've been searching for months for this album! Any chance of a re-up?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Bry570 said...

thank you sir!!!

Unknown said...

I remember them from my teenage years. They were a really cool bunch of guys and were an amazing fucking metalcore band. They started as a straight edge band called "One Voice". They eventually ended up incorporating more metal to their hardcore origins gave up "the edge" and became "Dust To Dust". All I know now is that the drummer opened up a small business where he presses vinyl records somewhere in New England and the bassist is a well accomplished EZTREMELY TALENTED tattoo artsit and painter. He still talks about playing music but I haven't heard him speak about playing much metal or hardcore these days but we're all getting old. Lol