Sunday, August 17, 2014

New blood: Soulground

Hardcore is alive and kicking around Europe... For this post I'm focusing on Germany. There are a lot of great bands in Germany at the moment, including Reapers Path and Beneath The Wheel. But this post is about Soulground, an awesome new band from Berlin. They play heavy metallic hardcore that alternates between mid/up-tempo hardcore and slow and heavy-as-fuck tuned-down breakdowns, with bleak and dark lyrics. Awesome stuff basically, with some great riffs to boot. Their singer's screaming voice might take some getting used to for some, but I love it.

The band did a demo in 2013 that was damn good already, but they recently released the 'Paradise' 7" on Mind Control Records, also out of Germany, which is simply awesome. It blew me away when I first heard it, it's a definite contender for my top 10 of 2014. I'm hoping to catch this band live some time, I don't think they've played in my general area (the Netherlands, Belgium, Ruhrpott Germany) yet. Anyways, check out this band if you like your hardcore metallic and heavy as fuck.

I know nobody in heaven, please send me to hell

No comments: