Sunday, November 4, 2012

Persevere - 1997 demo

Ages ago I posted the Positive Youth/Persevere split 7", and wrote that Persevere had potential and wondered about their other recordings. Recently a cool guy named Arvid 'the BF' gave a me a bunch of 90s demo's, and one of them is Persevere's 1997 demo, their only other recording. So here it is. It's an excellent demo of 90s metallic & melodic 'new school' hardcore mixed with some emo-esque parts, a mix of screamed and spoken vocals, and some pretty hardcore Christian lyrics. Not my kinda thing lyrically, but musically this is right up my alley. Just listen to 'Through It All' which is amazing and intense from start to finish as it shifts seamlessly between emo, melodic hardcore and almost chugga chugga. Persevere were from Bowie, Maryland, and were around from 1996 until 1999. It's a shame this band never recorded anything else, as they had written a lot of material that was never recorded. I think a member also played in some old school hardcore bands around the same time called Longshot and What Lies Ahead? Anyway, enjoy this demo.

Persevere - 1997 demo

9 comments:

AWC said...

Thanks for the post my friend! The song "Through it all" is also featured in this compilation: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Something-Worth-Fighting-For/release/2709408
I think its their only song that´s released on cd.

Unknown said...

Can you please reup this, as well?

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped, enjoy!

Brody AB da OG said...

could you reup this again?

Admin said...

Persevere - Persevere (Demo) 1997 (Cassette)

Anonymous said...

Just came across this post. I played out this cassette back in the day, but never thought I'd see it again!

Any chance that you can re-up a link? I'd be psyched to hear this again.

Thanks!

XhcnoirX said...

Cool & re-upped! Enjoy your music :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!