Saturday, August 11, 2012

Contradiction - Erie Hardcore demo

Contradiction was a hardcore band from Erie, PA. They were around in the late '90s, here is their 1998 demo. Unfortunately I don't know anything about this band, sorry. I have no idea what else they did, but this demo is definitely good enough to post here. Mid-tempo metallic hardcore with good vocals. Not sure what was in the Lake Erie's water, but the amount of good bands that came out of Erie in the '90s was ridiculous. If somebody has some, any, info on this band, please leave a comment. Did these guys do anything else, or maybe play in other bands? Anyway, enjoy, cuz this is a solid demo.

Contradiction - Erie Hardcore demo

10 comments:

AJ said...

Sending an expert your way on this one.

xjbx said...

Had two demos, self titled 96' and this one. I have some VHS tapes of contradiction playing Erie somewhere packed up. (I think with snapcase and chalkline) They were around until about 2000. Is this from your own physical copy or did you download this. If so I probably ripped this one. Classic lake effect chug. The song contradict on their first demo is their claim to lake effect fame

XhcnoirX said...

Thanxxx AJ for the heads up!

And thanxxx xjbx for the reply and the info, couldn't find anything online... Any way you could rip their self-titled demo?

It's a rip of my own physical copy btw. All my posts are rips of records/demos from my own collection :)

ROKUR_GEPTA said...

Contradiction had 2 cassette demos and an unreleased E.P. - Im an old friend of both incarnations of the band whom they gave permission to copy and circulate their music. the E.P. contains 1: Exit Wounds 2: D.O.A. 3: Lessons Learned - will hook up upon request -

XhcnoirX said...

Hey man, by all means hook us up. I would love to hear more Contradiction! Thanxxx for the offer!

redcat5725@gmail.com said...

This is mike former vocalist of contradiction.definitely check out our unreleased 3 track demo. I did vocals for a band called hatchetface and we cut a 4 song CD. I'm looking for videos of both bands if anyone can help out.

Tim said...

Hey Mike, I'm Jeff's cousin. I have an original cassette with art work and a digital copy of the above album. I also have the 3 track unreleased EP. Any chance you still have the first cassette demo, the one with the spiral on cassette sleeve? If I recall it was recorded outside of a studio, most likely in some ones basement. I know I had it at one point, but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Tim said...

scratch that, I have both of the cassette demos. I just don't have the cassette sleeve for the second demo. If I can ever find a tape deck I can jack into my computer I can upload the first demo.

Anonymous said...

Dude, please reupload.

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!