Sunday, October 9, 2011

Slip - Never Surrender 7"

I first got to know Slip from their contribution to the awesome Over The Edge 2 compilation on Endless Fight Records. Slip was from Alabama which wasn't exactly known as a hotbed for hardcore in the '90s, which I'm guessing is the main reason they went largely unnoticed, which is unfortunate. This is the only release of theirs I'm aware of, the 'Never Surrender' 7" which was released on Soulstorm Records in 1994. I think that was their own label even? It took me quite a few years, until a few months ago actually, to track down and get my hands on this 7", which was recorded prior to their song on Over The Edge 2. I'm stoked I did tho, as this is an awesome 7", with 2 songs and 1 instrumental track of solid but pretty typical 90s chugga chugga, it even has an overused Star Wars sample to kick off the 7". I'm a sucker for that stuff, so yeah, I love it... I'm afraid I know very little about this band. Vocalist Frank would eventually do vocals for a another band I blogged about a while ago called Caption. That's pretty much all I know, haha... So yeah, it would appear this band went into obscurity relatively quickly, which is a shame. Give this 7" a chance if you enjoy chugga chugga/90s mid-tempo metallic hardcore. And let's face it, if you visit my blog regularly, chances are you do.

Slip - Never Surrender 7"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please reup

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!