Saturday, August 14, 2010

Smackdown - Harder Than Hate CD

A pretty random & obscure CD from my collection. I know very little about this band from Connecticut. Smackdown started in 1997 and released this 11-song CD in 1998 on SDP, which was their own label. Apart from this album, they appeared on a 7 Seconds cover compilation on Groovecore Records, that's all I know. Overall, this is pretty decent up-tempo straight-forward hardcore, nothing exceptional, but a nice listen nonetheless. It appears the band had Christian leanings ('Humanity') and were also pro-life ('Genocide'). If anybody has any more info on this band, or has a demo or some other recording, please leave a comment or hit me up.

Smackdown - Harder Than Hate CD

6 comments:

Ryan Crossthread said...

I'll send the guitarist a link to this site.

They were part of the New London area CTHC "scene." Such as Think Tank and Crossthread...at the same time. Good kids.

Matthew said...

I was the drummer on the CD and on the 7 Seconds song. I've been looking for an mp3 or a hard copy of that 7 Seconds song forever. If anyone knows where I can get it, email me at frostgiant610@gmail.com please.

AJ said...

I have this same CD and was wondering the same shit, haha.

Anonymous said...

Please reup

XemonerdX said...

Re-upped.

N.M.E. The ILLEST said...

I was the breakdancer on their CD art and t-shirts haha!! So awesome!!